WIP Wednesday, Midnight at the Oasis. . .

A quick progress post, I’m thinking I may be able to stitch a leaf or two before I go to bed, but I’ll take a break because I’m dying to show you how my Midnight at the Oasis QAL is coming along!

I managed to sew all my orange peel blocks together and attach them as a border:

While my machine was in the shop, I managed to finish one of the applique borders, which I promptly attached :)

and lastly, I just finished basting another piece of the applique border:

I am loving this, not sure if I’ll get the applique border finished for Friday – but I’m going to give it a shot!  I’ll be linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.  If you get a chance, go ahead and have a look at all the other cool WIPs.

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Hand Sewing, Jen Kingwell, Midnight at the Oasis, Needle Turn Applique, WIPs

16 Comments on “WIP Wednesday, Midnight at the Oasis. . .”

1. November 12, 2013 at 11:35 pm #

Visiting from WIP Wednesday. This is amazing. I love it, can’t wait to see it all finished

• November 13, 2013 at 7:47 am #

Thx Karen, if you have a chance check out the other members in the Midnight at the Oasis QAL – it is just so cool to see everyone’s interpretation.

2. Stacey Henderson
    November 13, 2013 at 1:54 am #

really love this project, and the colours you have used….I had a sticky beak at your flickr account and saw you are doing the Amitee BOM as well…me too…will look forward to seeing some more piccies from you :)

• November 13, 2013 at 7:46 am #

Thx Stacey for stopping by, I can’t wait to go check out your feed – I have month 4 of the BOM waiting for me to finish the above – just not enough hours in the day, eh? ;)

3. November 13, 2013 at 6:38 am #

You’re really ticking right along aren’t you! It’s beautiful

• November 13, 2013 at 7:45 am #

Hey Carla, applique is the easy part and I cheated on the baskets ;) looking forward to seeing yours!

4. November 13, 2013 at 7:33 am #

This is beautiful and I love all the bright colors! Question for you though – why do you have tails hanging off the end of you applique borders? I’m getting ready to start an applique border and I’m wondering if there is something I’m missing in my planning.

Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting

• November 13, 2013 at 7:43 am #

Hi Kim, I have the extra vine hanging because they will meet with a flower joining them over the basket corners that I haven’t added yet. Does that make sense? I also stopped sewing the vines down about an inch before the edge so I have seam allowance :) and I can move them out of the way. I’m wondering if it would have been easier to sew the border first then stitch the appliqué?

5. November 13, 2013 at 9:22 am #

The applique is fun! What a great use of time while you don’t have your machine.

• November 13, 2013 at 9:57 am #

I’m actually surprised how much I enjoy it ;)

6. November 13, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love!

7. November 13, 2013 at 5:51 pm #

Love the Oasis Caroline — and especially loving the Applique border — fantastic! Thanks for stopping by the blog tonight. Hey — I’m headed to SanDiego this weekend — planning to go to Gaslamp Dist, Coronado, Midway and the Zoo…. is there a quilt shop or two I should hook up with ? Thanks so much — Karen

• November 13, 2013 at 8:59 pm #

Hey Karen, I’m jealous, I haven’t been out and about to the Gaslamp district since we had the kids :) these may be a little out of your way depending on where you’re coming from – there is a place up in Encintas (straight drive up the 5) called Starry Night Hollow starrynighthollow.com and then a place in La Mesa which I’ve been wanting to check out called the Country Loft cloft.com. And i just did a quick search and found this http://www.quiltvisions.org/ which looks kind of promising. Wish I could be more helpful, enjoy your stay! And if you make it to these or find some other place please let me know!

8. November 14, 2013 at 12:12 am #

The whole project looks super. I can understand why you’re enjoying working on it. I look forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing.

• November 14, 2013 at 6:10 am #

Hi Lucie, thank you for stopping by! I may need to bug you later for some advice on how to quilt this baby, I must admit I’m at a complete loss as to what would do it justice.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 51 other followers