Secret to a successful marriage #57. . .and a WIP update. . .

Secret to a successful marriage #57: learning to look apologetic when you’re summoned to the bathroom to see the clump of hair your husband pulled from the clogged bathtub drain. . .and if you can manage the following with sincerity. . .

how terribly dreadful dear, thank you ever so much. . .“, it can only work in your favour – but ANY hint of sarcasm and you’re done for – best keep hushed and slowly exit the bathroom shuffling backwards and slightly bowed. . . :)

Now that that bit of business is out of the way, how about a little WIP update?

Reaching a mini-milestone, 26 mini churn dash blocks finished – the magical halfway point of my churn dash blocks border for my Midnight at the Oasis quilt:

I’ve managed to become quite proficient at churning these out. . .heh-heh. ¬†Uh-huh, that little joke died on Flickr too. . .

Since that picture, I managed to finish off another 6 delicious little blocks:

and a mini production line shot. . .

I’m thinking this pairing below might be my favorite, surprise surprise – purple and lime green ;)

Thanks for stopping by, I’ll be hooking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced – till we meet again :)

Tags: , ,

Categories: Jen Kingwell, Midnight at the Oasis, Quilt making, WIPs

18 Comments on “Secret to a successful marriage #57. . .and a WIP update. . .”

1. December 11, 2013 at 7:21 am #

Your Midnight at the Oasis quilt is looking fabulous!

• December 11, 2013 at 9:02 pm #

Thank you so much, this has been so much fun working with all the others in the QAL and watching each person’s interpretations. . .it’ll be nice to have it done, too ;)

2. December 11, 2013 at 8:36 am #

I love this quilt! and all the little churn dashes look great!

• December 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

thx Amy, churn dash blocks are a lot more fun than I originally thought. I noticed you were playing around with the quick curves ruler. . .this is on my wantsies list – looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

3. December 11, 2013 at 10:32 am #

After gagging, I might be able to sputter an ‘I’m so sorry’. LOVE your quilt! All that piecing…..

• December 11, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

Yes gagging – sorry Carla, sometimes when I write I don’t think about the visuals I may conjure! LOL! I am sooooo close to finishing this border and then two more!

4. December 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm #

wow it looks beautiful! Those mini churn dashes are such a great border!

• December 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm #

Thank you Renee – you know I’m totally crushing on your Tardis – I had to show the hubs. . .and yes, he wants one now too ;)

5. Mystic Quilter
    December 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm #

Your churn dash blocks are lovely and fit in so well with the colours you have used so far – I’m afraid I had to pass on these blocks!

• December 11, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

Thank you Maureen! I’m loving your take on the MATO :)

6. December 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

I love churn dash blocks. I’ve done some small as well…in the end it will be great! as for the drain…even after 30+ years of marriage you still have to look apologetic!

• December 11, 2013 at 8:49 pm #

Wow Jayne, 30+ years and I must say I’m chuffed I’m on the right track – any and all advice gladly accepted :) quilting and marriage related!

7. December 12, 2013 at 5:21 am #

Quilt is looking great!
    Thanks too for the tip (#57). I usually throw back some cheeky retort about whether he would prefer a bald wifey. I knew I was doing something wrong! I will try apologetic!

• December 12, 2013 at 9:00 am #

lol, yes I can see how that might backfire – although I must admit to the passive aggressive nature myself ;)

8. December 17, 2013 at 10:18 pm #

Two daughters with long hair… I understand completely… But I do not need it waved in my face either!

but those little dashes are cute.. no-one would know you like purple, or lime green!

• December 18, 2013 at 7:12 pm #

Hey Rachel! I’m positive the whole purple/lime green thing is our little secret :)

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 51 other followers