2013 ROCKED!

It really did, I tried soooo many amazing techniques, I scored so much fabric and I started so many awesome projects. . .but I didn’t actually finish many things. I’ve yet to actually finish a quilt. Pity.

I did finish a little car seat cover for a little girl who should be joining us any day now.

I made the kids an advent calendar, but not all the ornaments. . .ahem. . .

I joined a couple swaps and made a tote bag and a mini. . .

I finally made a fabric bowl to store my knitting WIPs, seems to be a problem in all fiber arts, eh?

9″ Nesting Bowl pattern by Nova of http://acuppaandacatchup.com/

the kids got cute little petal cushions, which the dog has claimed. . .

don’t hate me because I’m beautiful, hate me because I’m spoilt rotten!

MATO?  There she hangs. I thought she would be my first – and truly, would she not be a spectacular first? But I’m dragging my feet.

Millefiori, so close and yet quite a bit to do. . .and this wall, well quite magnificent in its uncompleteness. . .no?  ;)

wall of starts and stops. . .

I won’t even show you what’s in that container. . .to be honest, I don’t rightly remember. . .

Well I would like 2014 to be the year I get a little organized, I cleaned up, I made a couple of these only bigger, but that’ll be another post. . .

Now let’s work on focusing, eh?

Tags:

Categories: Projects 2013, WIPs

16 Comments on “2013 ROCKED!”

1. Vickie
    January 14, 2014 at 10:43 am #

Your dog is adorable! What kind? You MUST finish the MATO. It’s awesome!

• January 14, 2014 at 7:01 pm #

thx Vickie, the scruffy beast is a cocker spaniel – hard to tell with all that winter fur! I promise to get cracking on my MATO in another week ;)

2. Becky Parker
    January 14, 2014 at 10:48 am #

Love it all Hunni! Most of the things I’ve made this year I’ve given away…and I’m so easily distracted by a pretty bit of patchwork it’s getting a little out of hand, well so says hubby. ( I’m quite enjoying the variety myself!!) heehe…
    I’m determined to finish a couple of bigger quilts this year… Including the red and white millefiori and I’ve started a note book to collect ideas… Love your pics on IG , becx

• January 14, 2014 at 7:08 pm #

thx for stopping by! I love your red/white millefiori quilt and talking about distractions, I started back on my Bring me flowers BOM today. . .lol!

3. January 14, 2014 at 10:56 am #

So like your MATO quilt “Millefiore” and have to say very pleased to see that I am not alone in not yet having finished it !

• January 14, 2014 at 7:08 pm #

lol! we will get there, it’s way too pretty not to, eh? ;)

4. January 14, 2014 at 11:36 am #

That centre medallion will be so awesome when completed–it is already

• January 14, 2014 at 7:10 pm #

thx Carla! I am chuffed with how it looks so far :)

5. January 14, 2014 at 12:36 pm #

Hi, sorry I’ve disappeared from my red cabin blog. Ridiculous chaos in our lives the last six months! Still love reading your posts. What an adorable dog, what breed is it?! Let’s see, since May 1st my 47 yr old husband is semi retired, which is wonderful! He was blessed to work for an incredible man & company. We found out my oldest daughter was having our first grandson! He was born on Sept 5th and is such an adorable and happy little guy. We have moved from IL to MI and our in our dream and forever home on 13 acres. I have an incredible and huge sewing area too! We moved in the beginning of Nov and are feeling very settled. Unfortunately we have been in Wisconsin for the last week. My dear FIL passed away last Thursday. We’re heading back to MI on Thursday. On Sat we have 50 people coming over for our housewarming party. Other than that, not much going on! LOLOL. I’m just looking forward to sewing again. Should be able to start next week, whoo-hoo!

• January 14, 2014 at 7:15 pm #

Hey, I was wondering what happened. I’m sorry about your FIL passing, but just think he saw a great grandson come into this world! You’ll have to put together a dream home post, that is after you have 5 minutes to put your feet up and relax – but only for 5 min., you have some sewing to do! :)

6. January 14, 2014 at 10:01 pm #

Meh. Finishing stuff is vastly overrated! You learned stuff and had lots of fun.
    I think you have achieved a lot: MATO and Millefiori are not easy whip-them-up-in-a-weekend projects, after all!

• January 15, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

Thx! I did have a lot of fun! ;)

7. January 15, 2014 at 12:33 am #

Wow – what a productive year! Your quilts are beautiful (even the works in progress ;-))

• January 15, 2014 at 1:42 pm #

lol! Thank you! I’m looking forward to a hexie update soon. . .still living vicariously :)

8. January 25, 2014 at 5:29 pm #

Lots if fun projects. Your MATO looks good, it would be an impressive first finish for sure

• January 27, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

Thx, now if I could just get back at it!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 51 other followers