Midnight at the Oasis, how smitten I am with you!

So we had a little bit of a photo-shoot this weekend to celebrate the second from last border on my Midnight at the Oasis quilt!

this was my first shot waiting for the family to get organised (and to be honest it’s kinda my favorite)

Courthouse steps are up next!  Never made a court house step, so please if anyone has any tips, tricks etc., I will listen hungrily ;)

Here are some of the goofy shots we took and I can’t help but share. . .sorry. . .my helpers:

gotta love wooly crocs and socks:

just in case you wondering why I was hiding. . .

I will be linking up with Sharon of Fabrics & Flowers and Jess from The Elven Garden – there are some prizes you can submit for, even if you haven’t finished ;)

I’ve also joined another Quilting Bee, the #themoderninstbee I’m in hive 10 #themoderninstbeehive10 (seems 10 is my lucky number) and the lovely @rlchandmade one of our hivemates and blogger at Gray Rayne Fabrics made us this fabulous logo

I’m queen bee for February and am looking froward to my copy of Modern Bee – 13 Quilts to Make with Friends to arrive. ┬áCan’t wait to see what we’re going to get up to this year – Woot Woot!

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Midnight at the Oasis, Modern InstGram Bee, WIPs

18 Comments on “Midnight at the Oasis, how smitten I am with you!”

1. February 2, 2014 at 5:32 pm #

this looks so great! thanks for sewing with us. Will look for the finish, I really like the courthouse steps border.

• February 3, 2014 at 6:42 am #

Thanks Sharon, and thank you for hosting!

2. February 2, 2014 at 9:00 pm #

Just LOOK at it! So gorgeous. You can be proud of your quilt

• February 3, 2014 at 6:41 am #

Thx Carla! The final stretch! I’m a little giddy ;)

3. February 3, 2014 at 12:40 am #

Wow! It is BEAUTIFUL!!

• February 3, 2014 at 6:39 am #

Thx! My checkerboard is a little wonky, but I’ve heard a lot can be ‘hidden’ with quilting ;)

4. February 3, 2014 at 2:19 am #

Love your version. Cheerful and happy. Your helpers are lovely too. I didn’t finish mine either. I am also joining a hive for the modern quilting bee.

• February 3, 2014 at 6:37 am #

Thx Jo! I’m going to enjoy hopping over to your blog and having a read with my morning cup ;)

5. February 3, 2014 at 5:53 am #

Your quilt looks fantastic! Love the colors! I’ve made lots of log cabin type quilts. Your post had me realize I’ve never done a courthouse steps block! Guess I’ll have to get on that! LOL

• February 3, 2014 at 6:36 am #

Thx! I’ve had so much fun and to be in the final stretch is awesome!

6. February 4, 2014 at 4:34 am #

Wow! This is looking great!
    I just made some log cabins on foundation papers; it helped keep them square. Courthouse steps are basically the same idea with only the subtlest tweak.
    (I have nanna-like orthotic slippers and socks.)

• February 4, 2014 at 2:09 pm #

I got more than a little wonky with the checkerboard row – I’m going to look into using foundation paper for this last row, thx! -My excuse for the crocs is that I have massive feet and no matter how cute the shoe is, once you get to my size it’s a farce – heavy sigh ;)

• February 4, 2014 at 3:20 pm #

My feet belong on a person 6 inches taller than me, so I know what you mean. When I lived in Tokyo, the only shop I could have bought women’s shoes from was one that catered to frumpy transvestites. Not even stylish trannies! (I just waited for the next trip home.)

• February 4, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

Seems we’re sole sisters, eh? -sorry ;)

7. February 4, 2014 at 1:01 pm #

Lovely colours – glad to see I am not the only one with another border yet to be added!

• February 4, 2014 at 2:11 pm #

As a kid, did you ever sing that silly song “this is the song that never ends”, to annoy anyone over 20? Our quilts remind me of that, except the over 20s would be non-quilters in this case ;)

8. February 6, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

It’s absolutely gorgeous!

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 51 other followers