momma got a new toy. . .

new toy. . .

contrary to popular belief, I do not have more money than sense. . .I just LURVE gadgets. . .yup, that’s the nerd in me (and the rumour that I can quote every line from Ghostbusters. . .mmm. . .yup, a little Monty Python too *heavy sigh*)

So I got it in my head that I would’t want to have to unravel my machine each time I killed a bobbin. . .I have yet to actually quilt a quilt to know if this is a true hassle, yet I like to be prepared  😉  and if it means a new little tool to play with?  I am m’dad’s girl!

3rd generation gadget lover!

looks like his granddaughter will be following his lead as well 🙂 Family Motto “as long as you hold the instructions, you should be able to absorb all working knowledge of gadget”,

and a little uncompleted DIY in the background. . .enjoy your weekend!

Tags: ,

Categories: Family, Notions, Quilty Tools

7 Comments on “momma got a new toy. . .”

1. February 22, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

Hi There! I have a similiar type gadget for winding my bobbins. I find that it works wonders and saves me from having to re-thread everytime I need a full bobbin. Since I usually purchase a couple of spools of the same thread color; I can have one on my machine and one for the bobbin winder.

• February 22, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Nice! I will be forwarding this bit of information along – just to confirm, I did not pay you to ease my husband’s woes – correct 😉

2. February 23, 2013 at 4:16 am #

I must admit that I mocked this toy until my Mother- not knowing that, bought me one and now I have such a routine of setting up a color as I start a project and just having it ready to go when I need more thread…. I do love the silly thing!

• February 23, 2013 at 7:45 am #

That’s the only trick, finding a place for it to sit ready to go when needed! Will be working that 🙂

3. February 26, 2013 at 10:59 am #

I just bought the Simplicity binder. Love the crazy little thing! Of course I don’t “need” it but its fun to use! LOL

• February 26, 2013 at 11:56 am #

I’ve had my eye on that one too! LOL

• February 26, 2013 at 12:35 pm #

I have to confess I bought it for half the price the online quilt shops are selling it for on….Amazon! LOL Got it for $49.99!

We both seem to be gadget girls, could be good and bad! LOL