I must admit. . .

. . .to feeling a bit sorry for myself.

please don’t get me wrong, we’ve had a fabulous March so far.   There was perogy making. . .

the young apprentice. . .

tons of eating. . .

potato pancakes. . .yum!

some gardening. . .

good help is soooooo hard to find. . .

lots of playing. . .

building with Babi

and birthday celebrations. . .

After spoiling her grandchildren, mum went home. . .and I am attempting to drown my sorrows in a little FMQing. . .

lots of thread breaking. . .

. . .my top thread keeps breaking, there is a lot of good advice out there and now looking at the length of my stitches, I’m thinking I just need to slow down. . .any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. . .

Tags: ,

Categories: Family, FMQing, Gentle Musings, Making a Homemade Home

6 Comments on “I must admit. . .”

1. March 25, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

I usually run my machine at a fairly quick pace and move the fabric a bit slower. Hinestly, it just takes lots of practice to start getting the motion down. Harriet Hargrave’s book on machine quilting is my bible! I love her entire method. I have the 1st edition that I bought back in 1994 and still pull it out for reference sometimes. It is also the book I recommended when I used to teach free motion quilting. Hope this helps. I also use Machingers gloves, that helps a lot too.

• March 25, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

I have the gloves! the slippy cover and the bobbin thingy. . .looking up that book you suggested 🙂 tonight there’ll be more practicing!

2. Vickie
    March 25, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

Maybe loosen your top tension. And just keep practicing. BTW, your kids are adorable!

• March 26, 2013 at 8:42 am #

Practice, practice, yes! And I will try the thread tension, just a little chicken to mess up my machine, must get over that! The kids just get better every day, especially when they’re sleeping 😉

3. March 30, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

Hey!!! You make perogies the way I do! Kinda weird, I made mine on the 23rd. I was craving some since my birthday in February and store bought should have been ashamed to call themselves perogies. Teach ’em young, they’ll be forever grateful. 🙂

• March 31, 2013 at 6:55 am #