service call. . .

. . .I was having a great ol’time, and then the quilt sandwich got stuck. . .turning it over I found what I believe to be called a bird’s nest. . .looks a little like thread vomit to me. . .

seems the above, although bobbin related, is probably still a problem with the upper tension.  My concern is that I may have some thread stuck/jammed up top – you know in the thread threading doodad area.  One website recommended to clean the upper threading mechanism with dental floss?!?  But I have a wonderful dealer and there is an equally wonderful technician in there that is available to have a look.  I also want to confirm that I have the foot skimming my quilt low enough as this could be a cause of the upper thread breakage. . .

A computer I can fix, I’ll leave my sewing machine to the experts 🙂

So now, where’d I put that crochet hook. . .I think I needed that size 7 knitting needle for that little spring top. . .and then I still have to finish that color affection shawl!

Tags: , ,

Categories: FMQing, Gentle Musings, Sewing Machine Goodness

6 Comments on “service call. . .”

1. March 27, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

Oh my goodness. Hope THAT gets fixed soon.

• March 28, 2013 at 8:24 am #

. . .and I hope I didn’t damage anything, but I think a good cleaning and maybe a little direction from the tetchy guy should get me squared away 🙂

2. March 28, 2013 at 4:20 am #

Oh ugh! I have to tell ou what was happening with my Janome 7700 every once in a while…..the #1 slot that you thread the upper thread in….every once in a while I would hear this hideous noise and my upper thread would break! It looked exactly like yours! I now make sure the thread is right behind that first slot and it never happens anymore. Strange, but true. :). You might just try retreading the upper thread and I bet you’ll be fine! Worth a shot. 🙂

• March 28, 2013 at 8:26 am #

I’m worried there’s some thread fluff stuck up there, a good cleaning should do it some good 🙂

3. March 30, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

Oops!

• April 5, 2013 at 9:03 am #

Yes! I am calling it my quilt sandwich of shame 🙂