Bloom Bloom Oops!

so I think we’ve all gathered that I’m a newbie at this whole quilty thing. . .

I must have been half asleep. . .

I couldn’t figure out why I was struggling with the bulk of the seams on this one. . .I even managed to iron it before I clued in. . .but the next one:

I mean really. . .AHGH! πŸ™‚

UGH! like I mean really! It was going so well. So a little seam ripping and then a little concentration and. . .

Getting the hang of it. . .

if you need me, the nippers and I are finding uses for the scraps πŸ™‚

the scraps are much more fun. . .

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Bloom Bloom Pow, Making a Homemade Home, Quilt making, WIPs

10 Comments on “Bloom Bloom Oops!”

1. May 17, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Looking great!

2. May 17, 2013 at 7:20 pm #

Awww, what a cutie. Always remember we learn from our mistakes and you will never make the same mistake twice.

• May 17, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

LOL. . .i made the mistake 3 times, you must mean on another quilt right πŸ˜‰ thanks for the words of encouragement – I got the swing of it today and finished, now placement!

3. May 20, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

Oops, so glad I am not the only one. It’s looking great, love the purple! πŸ˜‰

• May 20, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

Thx! Sewing the rows is kinda monotonous, but it’ll be nice once finished.

4. June 11, 2013 at 2:31 am #

Fun fun! I used to have a large bag with fabrics I didn’t like, or couldn’t use, and the kids had so much fun with the bag. They would dive in it or were very creative at making some kind of costumes!

• June 11, 2013 at 11:04 am #

That’s a good idea, more than just scraps. It would save my good stuff from becoming a cape, eh? πŸ˜‰