She got it!!

and she likes it!

Secret Tote Swap

I was a little worried about my sewing skills, but when I read that my secret swap partner liked purple AND owls!  I knew if that tote was a little lacking I could make up for it with a little hooky action.

That little guy is Nelson the Owl, an awesome pattern by Stacey of Fresh Stitches.

Also notice that bit of ribbon on the card, hiding the Happy Birthday sentiment – yup, my secret swap partner Rachel of Mammafairy came to my rescue, that ribbon was in my secret swap package – putting it to good use Rachel, thank you!

I had so much fun participating in the swap, it was fun to play along and see all of the awesomeness created by all the participants.  Looking forward to my next swap – if you hear of a good one, let me know, eh?  Till then, I have some nap-time pillows to finish, except this arrived on Friday:

and it keeps getting in the way of the sewing machine. . .yup, I’m a bit of a geek, heavy sigh 😉

Tags: , , ,

Categories: FOs, Hooky aka Crochet, Secret Tote Bag Swap

10 Comments on “She got it!!”

1. July 17, 2013 at 9:50 am #

I’m quite sure she will love the bag. Gorgeous fabrics.

2. July 17, 2013 at 10:17 am #

How can anyone not love this bag and I dunno why you keep saying ‘your lack of sewing skills’ this bag is amazing! You’re so talented, Caroline! Believe in yourself 🙂

• July 17, 2013 at 10:34 am #

Lia you are too sweet, it’s all a learning curve, eh? Next bag will have zippers! Then I want to try the Star Wars blocks you’re working on – now those are cool!

3. July 19, 2013 at 4:02 am #

Of course she liked it!

4. July 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

So cute! I almost bought that very gift card for my sister! It had one crooked sparkly though that ruined the overall effect (IMO) so I passed. There wasn’t another one, and I felt if I could find similar sparklies at the dollar store I would make my own – some day …

• July 21, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

As soon as I saw the card I knew I had to get it, the ribbon came in handy hiding the happy birthday 😉

5. August 4, 2013 at 12:14 pm #

I am so glad that ribbon came in right for you!

And your crochet owl is awesome!

• August 4, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

Thanks Rachel, the owls are really fun to make! We used some more of your ribbon this weekend finishing up some drawstring bags 🙂