Secret slipper mods. . .

there were two things I wanted to try before making the secret slipper pair for my partner:

1. try Annie’s soft and stable for the sole – I’m hoping to make the slippers a little more cushy. . .I’ll try this soon and get back to you. . .

2. glue the bottom binding. . .without a doubt I do love hand sewing my binding down, but I was dreading having to stitch into the slipper gripper bottom plastic fabric – again.  Discomfort is one heck of a motivator, eh?

I love the heart fabric lining!

Wonky log cabin – love this pair!

Now this pair of slippers are gifts for very good friends of mine who will be sure to let me know if they encounter any problems – without holding back to save my feelings – exactly the kind of people you want testing out any new idea.

So far so good

They will be here Saturday to exchange gifts and will be given strict instructions to wear, wash and abuse these slippers!  Can’t wait!

Wishing you and yours and safe and happy New Year!

Tags: , ,

Categories: how I do it, Secret Slipper Swap 2015

9 Comments on “Secret slipper mods. . .”

1. December 26, 2014 at 2:13 pm #

Having someone you trust for honest feedback test out the slippers sounds like an awesome idea. 🙂

• December 26, 2014 at 9:24 pm #

And they won’t hold back in a non-nasty way 🙂

2. December 26, 2014 at 3:41 pm #

they look like great slippers – will be interesting to see how the glue sticks !

• December 26, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Oh I hope it does, another option would be to baste one side and then stitch both sides down – it would make a bit if a lip there, but taking it slow might make it clean and of course machine sew the binding on the sole and then hand stitch to the top which is what I’ve done in the past.

3. December 26, 2014 at 7:45 pm #

These are the cutest things ever! You did a great job : )

• December 26, 2014 at 9:28 pm #

Thx Carla, I just love making these slippers – they’re a nice ‘wow’ factor 😉

4. December 26, 2014 at 8:56 pm #

Love those slippers! 🙂

• December 26, 2014 at 9:29 pm #

Thx for saying – hey are you dying the yarn yourself that you have for sale in your shop?

5. January 1, 2015 at 4:15 am #

The slipper gripper fabric on the bottom might be a pain to sew but it is the best thing to stop the wearer going base over apex (as my dad would say). Safety first!
    I love the moustaches in the middle of the wonky log cabins!