He may be old, but he’s still sharp. . .

Fresh off the machine, another finish for 2015

Chalk lines, garden hose and weedy garden – if that’s not keeping it real, I’m not sure what is ๐Ÿ˜‰ don’t forget the silly string and I think a Maple Leaf’s car mat. . .for shame!!!

I’m being a little footloose and fancy free with the term finish – the binding isn’t quite finished, but I wanted to getย to this point quickly as I may be spending some time in a laundromat this weekend as we’ve been without a dryer for about a week and a half now. ย The new one doesn’t show up till Tuesday ย ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

So far I’ve been washing a few things then draping the clothes along the backs of chairs, the shower rod and any/all door knobs. . .it is actually quite comical, and a little difficult to move about or sit down. . .so I wanted to tellย my tale of woe, I gave dad a call. . .

me: “so my dryer gave up the ghost. . .”

dad: “I think mine might be ready to go as well. . .”

m: “Dad, your dryer is harvest gold.”

d: “Nothing wrong with that, quite a cheerful colour for the old basement. . .”

m: “Well no dad, I’m not criticizingย the colour, just pointing out how it dates the machine – the machine was made in the 70s. . .”

d: “Why yes Lal, and so were you.”

As you can imagine, the old man got the last word ๐Ÿ™‚

Quilt Stats:

Pattern: Made in Cherry by Sarah Fielke

Fabric & Binding: St Ives in Polar Purple Shiver by Sarah Fielke

Thread: piecing Aurifil Dove and quilting Superior Threads, King Tut #940

Backing: fromย Little Things by Sarah Fielke

Batting: Dream Cotton Supreme

Finished size. . .I’ll let you know ๐Ÿ™‚

Have an awesome laundromat free weekend everyone!

Tags: ,

Categories: 2015 Finish, Sarah Fielke

6 Comments on “He may be old, but he’s still sharp. . .”

1. February 21, 2015 at 7:21 pm #

Lovely quilt! So sorry your dryer quit on you. I guess they don’t make them like they used to… I can’t believe your dad’s machine has worked for nearly 40 years!

• February 21, 2015 at 8:55 pm #

Isn’t it crazy! That old saying they don’t build ’em like they used to – I’m not sure they ever built ’em that good. Dad likes to take things apart, see how they work, clean ’em, give a good dose of WD-40 and move on. . . ๐Ÿ˜œ

2. February 22, 2015 at 10:17 pm #

Beautiful quilt! I’ve alwayst meant to make one of these. Yours has me thinking…..

• February 23, 2015 at 4:46 pm #

I saw a gorgeous one done in rainbow order with a texty(?) background I believe. . .but the options on this are endless. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

3. February 27, 2015 at 5:59 am #

I like this star as much as the far more complicated lone stars with diamonds. It is just as effective without the fuss.
    Obvious answer to the dryer problem: move to Australia. We have a dryer, but I cannot recall the last time I used it. It might have been to fluff some towels for special guests. Sunshine does the rest.
    Dad sounds like a classic!

• March 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

We’ve got the sun and warmth to put clothes out on the line here, but it seems too urban here. . .not a true fresh outdoorsy scent. As for dad? Yes classic, that is one word for him. . .I do have a few others ๐Ÿ™‚