these rocks don’t lose their shape. . .Princess Cut

I’ve decided my diamonds will be decked out in Cherie by Frances Newcombe (click to check out her blog).  I love this line and I’ve stocked up on yardage with the intent to do our bedroom in this fabric, I really think it manages to be pretty without the fear of leaving my husband to feel like a visitor in his own bed.

Princess Cut

Drawing this block up in EQ7 was easy peasy. . .again I am left with some Y-seams. . .

Princess Cut - Numbering

But oh!  It is so much fun to fussy cut some of these fabrics. . .

I’m deciding between the emerald cut and the cushion cut for next month. . .working up the nerve to try a curvier cut the following month 😉

If you’d like to give this one a try, click on this download file DRGBFF – Princess Block

Or if you would like to go back to the Heart Shaped cut you can find that on The Crafty Planner’s blog here.

Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks for stopping by!

Tags: ,

Categories: Diamonds R Girls Best Friend Forever BOM, Frances Newcombe, Paper Piecing

8 Comments on “these rocks don’t lose their shape. . .Princess Cut”

1. February 23, 2015 at 7:15 pm #

these are both fabulous blocks – think I’ll need to join in !! what size are they??

• February 24, 2015 at 6:39 am #

woot, woot! I was crushing on this block so bad, I was considering making a few more and doing a whole pillow 😉 so they are 8.5 to finish at 8″x 8″

2. February 23, 2015 at 10:21 pm #

Super pretty : ) I’m sure hubby will agree

• February 24, 2015 at 6:41 am #

I received the initial nod of approval when I flashed the fabric at him 🙂

3. February 28, 2015 at 10:51 pm #

I love the comment about husband’s being visitors in their own beds. I sometimes see photos in design magazines and wonder whether if I did the same thing my husband would choose to sleep on the couch – and he is very floral friendly.

• March 1, 2015 at 8:26 pm #

lol! so many of those photos look so perfect in their staging, not sure I could ever relax enough to enjoy the beauty of them. . . 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. these rocks don’t lose their shape. . .Cushion Cut | lalinsocal - March 28, 2015

[…] Princess Cut post is here – these rocks don’t lose their shape – Princess Cut […]

2. these rocks don’t lose their shape. . .Asscher Cut | lalinsocal - May 31, 2015