70 weeks in the making. . .a finish. . .

Woot woot!!!

According to IG, this first picture was taken 70 weeks ago. . .

I’ve learnt so much since then. . .

How we

and the plant life have grown since then. . .

My most favorite finish to date. . .

Quilt Stats:

Pattern: Midnight at the Oasis by Jen Kingwell

Fabric & Binding: Everything 100% cotton

Thread: Piecing & machine quilting Aurifil Dove, applique in various shades of Aurifil and hand quilting with Perle Cotton

Backing: navy minky

Batting: Dream Cotton Supreme

Finished size: 62″ Squared

Tags: , ,

Categories: 2015 Finish, English Paper Piecing, Hand sewing, Hand Sewing, Jen Kingwell, Midnight at the Oasis, Needle Turn Applique, Piecing by Hand, Quilting by Hand

18 Comments on “70 weeks in the making. . .a finish. . .”

1. Vickie
    February 28, 2015 at 11:26 am #

This quilt is truly lovely! You should be so proud of yourself. I hope your family treasures it!

• March 1, 2015 at 8:12 pm #

Thank you Vickie, I had backed it in minky at the request of my DH, but it seems my daughter has now claimed this one for herself 😉

2. Becky Parker
    February 28, 2015 at 11:31 am #

So gorgeous, I love it Hunni….. Your such a talent xx I have the pattern but I don’t think I’m going to have the time to start this year the way things are going. Such lovely photos too your such an inspiration 💕💕💕😘

• March 1, 2015 at 8:13 pm #

Becky, this was so much fun and an amazing learning experience – I hope you do get a chance to give it a whirl, I’ll look forward to seeing yours come alive 🙂

3. February 28, 2015 at 1:50 pm #

What a lovely finish! The piecing in the churn dash blocks looks to be really tiny!

• March 1, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

Those churn dash blocks. . .oh my goodness the trimming! good thing I actually like the trimming, something about them all perfectly squared. . .thx!

4. February 28, 2015 at 7:46 pm #

How gorgeous is this!!! Well done girl

• March 1, 2015 at 8:16 pm #

thank you Carla, I couldn’t find my Keiko Goke fabric that I was saving for the binding. . .but it seems the red was a perfect substitute 🙂

5. February 28, 2015 at 7:50 pm #

Gosh is it really so long since we all began working on MATO! What a beautiful finish – congratulations!!

• March 1, 2015 at 8:17 pm #

thank you Maureen, I was thinking the same thing. . .we need to have a roll call and see where everyone is at 🙂

6. March 1, 2015 at 1:37 am #

What an absolutely beautiful quilt. You must be so proud of this 🙂

• March 1, 2015 at 8:21 pm #

thank you and yes! How are you faring on your labour of love – are we due for a hexy quilt update anytime soon? 🙂

7. March 5, 2015 at 1:49 am #

Your most favourite finish? So it should be. While we all love a quick and easy project from time to time, nothing beats the sense of accomplishment from making something that takes time and thought and skill, such as this. Lovely.

• March 5, 2015 at 7:54 am #

Thx Carla! I loved making this and there was a huge sigh of relief when it came out of the washer still intact 😉

8. March 7, 2015 at 4:30 pm #

Beautiful! Well done!

• March 28, 2015 at 9:19 am #

Thank you so much! I really enjoy snuggling under this one 🙂

9. August 24, 2015 at 12:39 pm #

I’m not surprised your daughter claimed it, it is gorgeous!